"These commandants that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write then on the doorframe of your houses and on the gates." Deuteronomy 6: 6-9.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

God is so Good!!

We serve an amazing God! The last couple of years we have struggled with finding a church that we wanted to raise our kids in and still had a place for Robbie and I to grow in our faith also. But I am happy to say that we finally found that place. And while it is really less about the place, and more about the doors and windows that God has opened up in awesome friends and families that support us and walk through life with us to encourage us through prayer and friendship. It is so amazing to know that you have a group of believers that God is using to encourage and challenge us to grow in Christ!!
I am so excited about how God is using our small group!! We have decided to start a mini-mission project with our children!!  Now I will be completely honest going up to someone and talking to a stranger has never been something I am the first to sign up for, but I can say that with all God is doing in my life why would I not be willing to share the good news with others. I think the part I am also excited about is getting the kids involved and teaching them how to share Christ wih others. It is one thing for me to tell Anna and Grady about missions and serving others, but it a whole different thing for Robbie and I to show Anna and Grady through our actions!! We all know actions speak so much louder than words. I look forward to seeing not only how God is going to use the parents to grow his kingdom, but I can't wait to see how God is going to use our little ones to reach people.
For my friends in Christ we would love your prayers...Today we are going to a local park to pass out popcicles since it is so hot and praying God will open doors for us to share the good news! We are trusting that God will use us if even just to plant a seed in someone!! :)
I am always amazed how God works. He knows just what we need and he always provides. Lately I can see God's hands working in our lives and so thankful that as a family we are learning everyday to depend on Him more.

No comments:

Post a Comment